- Remove the stems of Green chillies to store for a longer time.
- If lemon becomes dry or hard put it in warm water for 5-10 minutes so that you can squeeze easily.
- By adding half of teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate to the milk while boiling, it will not spoil even if you do not store it in the fridge.
- In order to prevent chopped brinjals from getting discolored, put them in a bowl of water and add 1 tea spoon salt.
- Do not throw away the cardamom peels. Add them while preparing tea, it gives a nice aroma.
- Take a cup of water, put a few camphor tablets in and keep it in your room, or in any place. It acts as mosquitoes repellent.
- Clean greased and odoured dishes with a table spoon of vinegar and hot soapy water.
- Store coffee in refrigerator. It will stay fresh and without clotting.
- Clean glass tops with newspaper. It will make them shine better.
- If coriander and curry leaves are stored in an airtight container in refrigerator, it will stay fresh for more days. Water has to be fully removed while placing in this way.
- Always use fried coriander powder while preparing dishes. It gives extra taste and aroma to the dish.
- Always place food in the freezer (fish and meat) in separate containers if they are to be used in different days and use them within one week.
- Fruits: To ripen fruits, wrap them in newspaper and put in a warm place for 2-3 days. The ethylene gas they emit will make them ripe.
14. For the cure of burning marks apply egg white on affected areas.
15.You can also apply Kattha (use in Pan that is of brown color) with water and apply it on affected areas.
16.Add 1tbsp white vinegar to water when boiling rice, this will not allow rice to stick together.
17.Cover the oil stained spot with a generous amount of baby powder. Leave it for 24 hours and wash it with mild
18.If you keep a piece of blotting paper at the bottom of the container, it will keep biscuits fresh for a longer time.
19.Grind some common salt in your mixer/grinder for some time every month. This will keep your mixer blades sharp.