Here are some facts about Fozia Wahab (Late) was a Pakistani politician in the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP).
Name: فوزیہ وہاب
D.O.B: November 14, 1956
Death: June 17, 2012
Spouce’s: Wahab Siddiqui 1978 – 1993 - Dr. Athar Hussein – 2012
- Fauzia was born in November 14,1956 and is the eldest of four children. She married in 1978 to Wahab Siddiqui, a journalist and TV anchorman in political talk shows in later years on Pakistan Television. For the next fourteen years, she was a housewife and had four children.
- Haseena Moin’s drama serial ‘Kohar’ as the cousin of the hero played by then famous model Junaid Butt.
- Fauzia Wahab worked for the Pakistan Industrial and Commercial Leasing as a Marketing Manager between 1993 and 1996.
- She was nominated as Member Advisory Council of Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC) in October 1994.
- She was also nominated as Chairman of the Information Committee of KMC.
- Benazir Bhutto nominated her to become the Information Secretary of women’s wing of the PPP in Sindh.
- She took part in election from NA-193, as a PPP candidate.
- After 1998, Benazir Bhutto nominated Fauzia Wahab to become the Central Coordinator of the Human Rights Cell.
In 2002, she was nominated as a candidate for the reserved seats for women in the National Assembly.
After Information Minister Sherry Rehman resigned from her government position, the party position she held was taken away and Fauzia Wahab was appointed the Information Secretary of the PPP.
Fauzia Wahab in PTV Drama Kohar