If you’re a Firefox user and have accidentally deleted bookmarks, you are in luck. Restoring bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox is easy. The only downside is that it deletes any bookmarks you might have added since an accidental deletion, so jump on it quick. Here’s how.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click the Firefox menu button,
- select Bookmarks >> Show All Bookmarks.
- If you accidentally deleted bookmarks, you can recover them by clicking on Organize button and select Undo or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Z.
- If you deleted any bookmark few days back, you can restore them.
- Click on Import and Backup and select Restore. It will show you all the backups created. Select the bookmark file you want.
Note: Restoring all of the bookmarks will replace all the current bookmarks with bookmarks from the backup file.
- Click OK to confirm.
Its always a good idea to manually create a backup of bookmarks on a regular basis too.
Just export the bookmarks to an HTML file by clicking on Import and Backup. Then select Export bookmarks to HTML. In case you accidentally delete a bookmark, you can restore it manually by importing the bookmark file.