If you share your computer with other people, Mozilla Firefox allows you to create multiple profiles. Here’s a simple guide which explains how it works.
You can locate the profiles at the following paths.
- Go to Start Menu and type Run.
- Type firefox.exe -p to open Mozilla Firefox Profile Manager. Make sure Firefox is not running otherwise it will not open the Profile Manager.
- It will show you all the profiles for Firefox. Now, click on Create Profile button and it will open a new pop-up window. Press Next.
- Type the name of the new profile and click Finish.
- By default, Firefox will ask you which profile you want to use each time you launch Firefox. For this example, uncheck Don’t ask on Startup option because I’m going to show you how to setup a custom shortcut instead.
- Create Firefox shortcut and go to its Properties by right clicking on it.
- In the Shortcut tab, paste “C:Program Files (x86)Mozilla Firefoxfirefox.exe” -p Admin and press OK.
Now, whenever you want to access a different profile just create a new shortcut for that person. Nice and simple.